With Punches & Potions we wanted to give players a long requested feature – a way for players to view their active effects, see longer descriptions, and more accurate durations. We additionally want to give players some new ways to control their effects with the addition of some new effect-giving consumables through tradeskills – Mysticism and Martial Arts. Please note that as per usual there’s still a fair amount of construction and sawdust, so many of the UI icons are not quite the right size or you may see some placeholder art for recipe items.
- The Effect Viewer UI is a new way where Trovians can view and learn about the many effects that might be on them at any given time!
- The Effect Viewer will show something (usually an Ability or a Spell) that is modifying the character for a limited amount of time. For example, Knight’s Iron Will would show in the Effect Viewer UI.
- Players can access the Effect Viewer UI by opening the Character Sheet and selecting the Effects Viewer button (found below the Stats button).
- Players can scroll through all of their current effects, seeing the names and descriptions along with their remaining durations (where applicable).
- Rather than the Food slot, players now have an Auto-Use slot on the character sheet.
- Food can still be consumed using this slot, but so do the new consumable products from Martial Arts.
- Food still cannot be removed from this slot (the messaging as to why has been changed). Items which are removed through means other than decay can freely be removed from this slot.
- Mysticism is a new tradeskill which allows players to craft limited duration effects by collecting Wild Trovian Mana and combining it with magical reagents.
- Long duration Buffs, medium duration Potions, and short duration Scrolls are the tools of those who dabble in the Mystic Arts.
- Wild Trovian Mana can be collected in Adventure Worlds from 3 biomes each week – slowly rotating through all of the available biomes. Although the mana pool is initially limited to 1,000, it can eventually be raised to 100,000 through consuming Mana Maximizers.
- Mysenta Cull, Mystic Merchant is hiding from Qubesly’s judicious gaze in the Fishing Grotto below Crafter’s Corner. (If asked directly about this, she claims “the vibes are just better” in this location.) Players can use The Orb of Mysticism workbench at her location to craft powerful Buffs using their Wild Trovian Mana pool.
- Buffs will stay active through world changes and logouts and will last the remainder of the current day. (Buffs applied through the last hour of a day will last until the next day ends.)
- Buffs convert mana and reagents in to powerful utility effects like “Icebound,” which allows even non-Ice Sages the ability to walk confidently on ice without slipping!
- Trovians can only ever have a single Buff active at a time, and applying a new one will remove the previous one.
- Every Buff has a corresponding Potion as well – Potions are more expensive than Buffs, but also more convenient.
- Potions only last a few hours, but they will not lose any duration while the player is offline.
- Potions can be conveniently consumed from the inventory.
- Potions are crafted at the Alchemystic’s Lab workbench, but all their recipes must be learnt first.
- To learn a Potion recipe, a player must be chewing on Alchemystic’s Insight in the Auto-Use slot and have the corresponding Buff to the desired Potion.
- Trovians can only ever have a single Potion active at a time, and applying a new one will remove the previous one.
- Any time a Potion is purchased from the Marketplace, 1 from the stack will always be immediately consumed! This has two benefits – you immediately know the quality of the potion from the bouquet, but also it allows Potionmakers to sell single stacks of Potions without risking others “flipping” their wares. If you are in immediate need of a potion, simply open up the Marketplace and buy one for immediate consumption!
- Scrolls are rare, lost magical knowledge that modern day Mystics can sometimes recover.
- Scrolls are powerful but volatile, lasting only a short while, with effects that do not follow through world changes.
- Trovians can have many, many scrolls active at a time.
- Most Giantlands Buff Scrolls do not interact with the Mysticism system. The one exception is Freedom of Flight.
- Only the Gold version of this scroll is still available for purchase. Any still existing versions should still mostly function as they did before, and can be deconstructed (including the Obsidian scroll).
- The Gold and Obsidian versions of this scroll will not stack with any Mysticism Buffs, and will remove them as if Buffs themselves.
- Similarly, as if buffs themselves, with either of these effects active and with Alchemystic’s Insight equipped, players will be able to unlock a potion recipe for Freedom of Flight at the Alchemystic’s Lab.
- Crafting a Mysticism recipe will occasionally trigger an additional reward, similar to how crafting titles occasionally grants an additional title.
- A Mystic’s Reagent Stash has been added to the store, allowing players to acquire reagents necessary for their Mystic Arts, including both Mana Maximizers and Crystallized Trovian Mana. Crystallized Trovian Mana can be converted in to Wild Trovian Mana 1,000 at a time at no cost, allowing players to stockpile Mana to fund their future crafting. This does count as a Mysticism craft.
- The Martial Arts tradeskill allows players to craft auto-consumables which trigger short- and long-duration effects based on the abilities and animations they perform. These Stances, Shouts, and Mantras go in to the Auto-Use slot on the character sheet.
- Players can craft Mantras, Shouts, and Stances from the Altar of Martial Artistry workbench to increase their skill in Martial Arts once they have the required karma. The Altar of Martial Artistry and other workbenches can be found at the training area set up by Disciple Daniel and Master Pun-chi, who are here as envoys on behalf of the Neon Punch Club – an order dedicated to Martial discipline and balance, both spiritual and physical.
- Obtaining Positive Karma requires Acts of Service in the name of the Neon Punch Club.
- [PTS] “Positive Karma is currently obtainable via PTS-only recipe. “Acts of Service” to earn Karma at a measured-pace will arrive on PTS in a future patch.
- Negative Karma is much easier to come by, requiring only the conversion of tangled portions of souls, left behind within Trophies of defeated enemies. With 150+ Gardening skill, the player can use a Compost to collect Soul Tangles in addition to the Organic Refuse already provided. The Neon Punch Club has also generously donated the funds for a free public composter, found at the training site in the hub, for those who do not have 150 Gardening skill.
- Once the player has Soul Tangles, the Karmaic Shrine workbench can convert them in to Negative Karma using recipes under the Path of Suffering category.
- Each Mantra, Shout, and Stance requires an equal amount of Positive and Negative Karma to craft, so remember – Balance is the Key!
- Although they trigger from different abilities or animations, Stances and Shouts both deduct one of their stack each time they are triggered.
- Mantras do not stack – they still provide an effect when triggered but are not consumed. The effect will be removed in the Mantra is unequipped.
- Mantras provide players with long term effects which do not persist through world changes.
- Using the Relic of Preservation workbench with a Mantra equipped allows players to convert it in to a week-long Litany. Each time a Mantra is adopted in to a Litany, the amount of incense required increases (this cost resets daily).
- Players may only have 1 Litany active at a time.
- For example, the Mantra of Regeneration gives 2 hours of Health Regeneration after using /sleep for 10 seconds. The Litany of Regeneration gives Health Regeneration which does persist through world changes and persists until it is either replaced or the week rolls over.
- Shouts usually grant a short increase in combat effectiveness with a short cooldown. Each time a Shout is triggered, it removes 1 Shout item from the Auto-Use slot.
- For example, “Shout: Invigorating Roar” will trigger and consume every time the player uses a Slam ability – available to Fae Trickster, Ice Sage, Knight, and Revenant and usually visually represented by the character raising their weapon high above their heads with both hands – and gives 5 seconds of Energy Regeneration.
- Stances are similar to Shouts, but more about planning and mastering discipline over mind and body than pure, visceral rage. Stances also give short combat effectiveness on short cooldowns. Each time a Stance is triggered, it removes 1 Stance item from the Auto-Use slot.
- For example, “Stance: Sharp Shooter” will trigger and consume if and when a Charge Shot ability – available to Dino Tamer and Gunslinger – for 7+ seconds, which then provides 5 minutes of Critical Hit.
- Removed invisible entities from Rally of Heroes Club fixture. This change will only apply to fixtures placed or upgraded after the update!!!
- Moved Event mounts, allies, boats and sails from July 2023 and before to the Event Vault category.
- Fixed an issue preventing 4 “Miner’s Trove” rare-drop titles from dropping
- Made a small change to existing vfx that should not make any noticeable changes.