My word! So many properties across Erenor, and yet so few of them display TRUE BEAUTY. Is there anyone who walks this green earth who can possibly satiate my desire for picturesque architecture?
Let me introduce myself, although I’m sure you’ve already recognized me from my eloquent quips and stunning appearance. I am the exquisite Rose Avonelle, the prime matriarch of Erenor’s most elite club of architects and home decorators – the Joyful Homebuilder’s Society, otherwise known as JHS.
We here in the JHS are looking for additional members. Well, I’m looking for additional members. The people who’ve been here, you see, are stuck in such mundane creative ruts. I’ve frankly seen more artistic talent from a mouse covered in paint walking across a canvas. How tawdry.
That’s where you adventurer types come in. I’ve seen the things you wear as you parade about Marianople and Austera, and some of you seem to show glimmers of artistic hope. (I won’t mention the many of you who resemble a drunk Daru swimming in an underwear drawer.) I’ve decided, in my infinite benevolence, to open up the latest Joyful Homebuilder’s Society contest to those in the adventuring community. I want to see what adventurers build for themselves, so I’ll need a photo of your favorite home.
I’ve been recently enthralled with the beauty and divine heat of the sun, so this contest’s theme will be “Summer Home.”
Here’s the direct details, for your records. Now get to work, chop chop!
The contest begins on Friday, June 24 and ends on Friday, July 8, 2016. Winners will be chosen and announced on Friday, July 15 in our live stream and on our website.
Rose Avonelle of the Joyful Homebuilder’s Society has chosen “Summer Home” as the theme for this contest. Try to make your home photos embody the theme as much as possible!
- 10 winners, chosen by the ArcheAge team, will receive a full Archeum Ascension Pack (a $150 value!)
- All entries will receive a participation reward of 50 Merit Badges!
- No photo manipulation software is allowed. You must submit raw, unaltered screenshots with your UI disabled. (See below for more.)
- The house or land must be owned by you. The Joyful Homebuilder Society does not allow you to take photos of something you haven’t made; that would be uncouth. In order to demonstrate that you own the property, you must take a second screenshot that shows both your character name and the property details pane (shown by using the F key at a farm scarecrow or house plaque.) Please include this proof of ownership with your submission.
- Your entry must be “safe for work” and will be disqualified or deleted if it is indecent in nature. As a rule of thumb: if you have to ask, it’s probably not permitted.
- Your entry should embody the theme as much as possible.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to the theme, and the composition of the screenshot.
- Your entry cannot use content that is copyrighted or trademarked, including custom logos.
- One entry per person, please! Submitting more than one entry will disqualify you.
- To enter, post your entry as an attachment or linked image in this official ArcheAge Contest forum thread.
- Click here for the official rules for this screenshot contest.
To take a screenshot in ArcheAge:
- Log into the game and hit CTRL+F12 to enter screenshot mode. In screenshot mode, you can re-orient the camera to get angles you’d never normally be able to achieve.
- F9 saves a screenshot, and F12 removes your UI. You can rebind these options in the Options menu.
- You can change Depth of Field and Blur using in-game commands, listed in the image below.