Calling all vampires and werewolves, skeletons and zombies, ghouls and ghosts! October has arrived, and that means it’s Hallowtide. Pull out your wicked wardrobe, because you could win a Black Tiger Mount with a matching set of armor!
Starting on Tuesday, October 20th, jump into ArcheAge and start lining up those photo shoots. We’re looking for everyone to take the best screenshots they can that fit into this category: A Hallowtide Haunting – Scare your friends for fun and profit. Decorate your house, visit iconic locations, or dress up in your Hallowtide Finest! The choice of image is up to you.
Senior Producer Merv “Khrolan” Lee Kwai, Producer Amanda “Amary” Fry, and Senior Community Relations Manager Seraphina “Celestrata” Brennan will judge all entries and choose 10 winners to receive a Black Tiger Mount along with a Tiger armor set to match. Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to the theme, and the contest guidelines listed below.
The contest begins on Thursday, October 22nd, 2015 and ends on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015. Winners will be chosen and announced on Friday, November 6, 2015 in our live stream and on our website.
- 10 winners will receive a Black Tiger Mount and matching mount armor.
- 10 Honorable Mentions will receive 20 Demon War Tokens and 20 Merit Badges.
- No photo manipulation software is allowed. You must submit raw, unaltered screenshots with your UI disabled. (See below for more.)
- If you take a photo of your house or land, the house or land must be owned by you. In order to demonstrate that you own the property, you must take a second screenshot that shows both your character name and the property details pane (shown by using the F key at a farm scarecrow or house plaque.) Please include this proof of ownership with your submission.
- Your entry must be “safe for work” and will be disqualified or deleted if it is indecent in nature. As a rule of thumb: if you have to ask, it’s probably not permitted.
- Your entry cannot use content that is copyrighted or trademarked, including custom logos.
- One entry per person, please! Submitting more than one entry will disqualify you.
- To enter, post your entry as an attachment or linked image in this official ArcheAge Contest forum thread.
- Click here for the official rules for this screenshot contest.
To take a screenshot in ArcheAge:
- Log into the game and hit CTRL+F12 to enter screenshot mode. In screenshot mode, you can re-orient the camera to get angles you’d never normally be able to achieve.
- F9 saves a screenshot, and F12 removes your UI. You can rebind these options in the Options menu.
- You can change Depth of Field and Blur using in-game commands, listed in the image below.