When you hear the clap of thunder and feel the howling winds of change, do you shy away from the storm or will you rise a hero and lead your people through to a new dawn?
In Heroes Awaken, players will have the chance to serve as leaders for their faction: Nuia, Haranya, or Pirate. These select Heroes will be able to activate faction-wide quests and mobilize their followers into wide-scale warfare – but first, they must earn the respect and admiration of their peers.
The Path to Becoming a Hero
Each 30-day Hero Term will have two phases: a 3-week Candidacy period, followed by Election week.
All players will have the chance to become Heroes by earning Leadership Points and increasing their Reputation. At the end of 3 week candidacy period, the 20 players with the most Leadership Points will become official candidates for election.
Leadership Points can be gained by:
- Participating in open world PvP
- Completing party and raid quests, such as Tahyang’s Bolt, Seaknight, and many others
- Earning Reputation from peers
Reputation Points can be earned and awarded based on participation in parties and raids.
- A player can only rate another player a total of 10 times in a single Hero Term
- The maximum amount of reputation that can be earned each day is set to 70.
It is critical to win the favor of your allies, as the Reputation you acquire each day will award you with bonus Leadership Points.
On the first Wednesday of the month before the election, the 20 players with the most Leadership Points will be placed onto the official ballot. These candidates will receive the news via in-game mail and will have the option to withdraw from the ballot until midnight the same day.
During Election week, all players at or above level 30 with at least 50 Leadership Points can cast one vote for a candidate of their faction. The 10 players who receive the most votes will become the official heroes for the next 30 days!
Candidates can take whatever steps they deem necessary to secure votes, be it campaigning like a proper politician or bribing your way to victory. We’re excited to see what you come up with!
Building a Council Fit for War
Elected Heroes will serve as a 10-member council for their faction. Heroes will be broken up into four tiers based on voting results, with each tier earning a different cloak that grants an exceptional amount of stamina in addition to a unique power:
- Erenor’s Hero: One hero will lead each faction and possess a radiant golden cloak that reduces cast time and increases cast speed for all faction members within a 25m radius.
- Ayanad Heroes: Two faction heroes will be Ayanads. The fiery red aura from their cloaks will increase skill damage for all faction members within a 25m radius.
- Delphinad Heroes: Three elected heroes will enter the council’s third tier. Their luminous blue cloaks will increase movement speed for all faction members within a 25m radius.
- Epherium Heroes: Four faction heroes will earn the rank of Epherium, and their immaculate white cloaks will help protect all faction members within a 25m radius from damage received.
These cloaks expire automatically after every 30-day Hero Term and new cloaks will be sent to the next council of elected Heroes.
Mobilizing Your Faction for Battle
Heroes also have the option of completing new daily quests from the Faction’s Agent NPC located in their faction base. Completing these quests rewards the hero with “Concentrated Hero Power.”
- Nuians can find their agent and faction base in Marian Hall, Marianople.
- Haranyans can find their agent and faction base in Austera’s Crafting District, Solis Headlands.
- Pirates can find their agent and faction base in Central Tower, Growlgate Isle.
When used, Concentrated Hero Power activates randomized, faction-wide quests that are available for one week.
Concentrated Hero Power can also be used to activate Mobilization Orders, which notifies all faction members at level 30 or above with a certain amount of Leadership Points that a hero is calling them to arms. Accepting this invitation will instantly move the player to the hero’s location and award them with a Warrior Medal.
Mobilization Orders may only be used in locations where Mobilization Banners appear. These orders can be used to overwhelm enemies with fresh forces and turn the tide of battle. Use Orders wisely, and a powerful, efficient army will thrive under your command. If you repeatedly call your faction for frivolous engagements, you may find yourself alone when you need backup the most!
More to Come in Update 2.0
Our brand new Hero system is just a one part of Update 2.0: Heroes Awaken. Check back weekly for more updates on what’s coming to ArcheAge and discuss this system with your fellow adventurers on the official forums!