Today we are thrilled to be able to announce the opening of our new Public Test Server!
We look forward to your help in previewing the new updates, and letting us know of any issues that you find and what you think of the content! We’ll be keeping a close eye on the feedback from PTS both for functionality and subjective feedback.
While you’re on PTS, we ask that you take the time to poke around, try out new things, try dungeons and raids, check out new items from the merchants and the Marketplace, and let us know what you think on the PTS forums!
Our first update on PTS is live now – and it includes the new Red Dragon world boss as well as the Sea of Drowned Love dungeon. Get your friends together and give it a try! You’ll be able to create a new character and get it leveled up to 50 so you have characters of the appropriate level to test with. You can find out more details about the Red Dragon and the Sea of Drowned Love in the patch notes.
Also on the Public Test Server are the items for the Winter Maiden Festival events! All of the events won’t be running, but you can see the new items in the Marketplace as well as get a chance to earn your own holiday tree – complete with decorations from hunting. We’ll have more details on the in-game events coming soon.
Here’s a few key things that will help you get started:
• You can find the Public Test server by selecting “PTS ” from the region select drop down on the top right of your Glyph screen for ArcheAge. This is the same place where you select between Europe and North America.
• PTS is a new install of ArcheAge. Visit our PTS FAQ forum thread for details on how to get a head start on the download by copying your live installation.
• Your credits and items on PTS are JUST for PTS – you can spend all your PTS credits without affecting your live credits at all!
• PTS is a test server – that means that we may bring it down with little or no notice when we need to update something. And please do not expect it to be available all the time – It will only be up when there’s something to test.
• You will be able to level a character up to 50 (with testing gear) by saying “Level me up Fluffy” in the say channel in chat. Fluffy the Automated Testing Bot is here to help you level up if you like. You don’t have to use the testing bot’s level up buff if you don’t want to – in fact we hope that some of you will keep playing through the lower levels to help us test out that experience as well!
For more details on PTS, please read our FAQ. This forum thread has answers to your common questions as well as is the place for you to ask new ones.
We look forward to seeing you on PTS and hearing what you think of ArcheAge’s new content on the PTS forums!
The ArcheAge Team